ATHENS | Hearings begin Monday in Jamie Hood case | News
ATHENS, Ga. -- A judge is expected to start three days of court hearings to consider nearly 80 motions filed by Jamie Hood's lawyers.
Court matters include requests for Hood to transfer to another jail, visit crime scenes and ban police officers from wearing their uniforms during his trial.
Hood is charged with murder in the March 22 shooting of Senior Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian and with attempting to kill Senior Police Officer Tony Howard.
District Attorney Ken Mauldin has filed notice to seek the death penalty if Hood is convicted.
Upcoming Events near Athens
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All About Developmental Disabilities offers workshops on dating, employment
- DeKalb court under fire for false arrests, imprisonment
- Weavers rebuild their lives, one creation at a time
- Antionette Tuff reflects on 1 year since McNair Shooting
- All About Developmental Disabilities to hold workshop series on sexuality