Athens Tech Invitied to be Achieving the Dream: Community Colleges Count cohort college | Schools
ATHENS -- Athens Technical College has received an invitation to join the 2011 cohort of Achieving the Dream: Community Colleges Count. Achieving the Dream is a program that focuses on helping community colleges create a culture of achievement, using a student centered institution approach. The program was created by the Lumina Foundation in 2004.
According to Athens Tech, “Achieving the Dream works on multiple fronts- including efforts on campuses and in research, public engagement, and public policy – emphasizes the use of date to drive change. This national initiative is building on the belief that broad institutional change, informed by student achievement date, is critical to efforts to improve student success rates significantly”.
Athens Technical College (ATC) is one of 30 community colleges invited and is the first college in Georgia to participate in this national effort. In addition to ATC, the other cohort colleges include California, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Upcoming Events near Athens
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All About Developmental Disabilities offers workshops on dating, employment
- DeKalb court under fire for false arrests, imprisonment
- Weavers rebuild their lives, one creation at a time
- Antionette Tuff reflects on 1 year since McNair Shooting
- All About Developmental Disabilities to hold workshop series on sexuality